I wasn’t feeling that great yesterday and decided to make something simple and fast. I found this recipe for a 5 ingredient broccoli cheese soup. The one thing I do recommend while adding the cheese is to go super slow. If you go fast, the cheese will clump up and will not mix well with your soup. If you could do already shredded packaged cheese that would work better with mixing.
Also be careful when salting this dish. The salt from the chicken broth and cheese was enough for me. But everyone is different. Enjoy!!!
- 4 cups Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese (pre-shredded – see notes)
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute garlic for one minute, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and chopped broccoli. Increase heat to bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese gradually, stirring constantly, and continue to stir until melted. (Add 1/2 cup, simmer and stir until it melts fully, then repeat 1/2 cup at a time until all the cheese is used up.) Remove from heat immediately once all the cheese melts.
Getting Caught Up with Kayleigh